Friday, October 3, 2008

A Little R & R

Work was alright. After work, I had a strange meeting with a blast from my wild childhood days. Weirdness. But its something to laugh about now (I guess)! And just when I think my life was getting boring.

So I took the night off. I'm currently watching my man Robert Downey, Jr in IronMan. Hot!Hot!Hot! When he's building the first suit in front of the fire with the muscle shirt. Wooohooo! When he's talking all technical-speak to his computer, gotta love an intelligent man!

Writing:

BWG meeting tomorrow. Bringing my WGA friends. Should be a hoot!

I'm putting some finishing touches on some brainstorming I did this week. A friend and I ate at a Cuban restaurant (Serranos) and did a bit of brainstorming on some stories we were working on.

The name 'Jamaican Jerk Sauce' can get the creative juices flowing for sure. Nothing like mojitos and some good Cuban food to give a story clarity, to allow you to see the gaping holes the size of craters in the plot.

Brainstorming is good. I guess it takes another writer to look at you like you are insane and say, 'what are you talking about? that makes no sense,' for you to see the error of your current thought process. Hmmm. Back to the drawing board.

Daily review:


Emotions: Muted

Movie: IronMan

Work in Progress: A story about a Louisiana girl named Nalia.

Song: Addicted by Saving Abel

Memory Evoked by Song: 4AM visits...Malibu/Pineapple Juice/Splash of Cherries...Smiles in candlelight...A single red rose of greeting in the daylight hours...A Different Shade of Happiness

3 comments:

Angie Kay Dilmore said...

I've always had it bad for Robert Downey Jr. too. Haven't seen the movie, but it's on the Netflix queue. I love mojitos too. No Cuban restaurants in Lake Charles, as far as I know.

Angie

Mindy Blanchard said...

Oh then the next time ya'll head this way (like after a Jubilee Conference) I'll give ya'll directions so you can try it out! The spices are nices! lol

Anonymous said...

A-hahahaha! Dos Cubanos!!!~RR