Monday, October 20, 2008

Good Times

I haven't been feeling much like writing lately. My words are hiding. I'm going to pretend its because I'm gearing up for the big NaNoWriMo 2008 that starts on November 1st. Sure that must be it.

I'm back at my workstation, arm deep in paint, glue, 'what is that in my hair?', etc. I'm working in my art journals. It's weird using words and colors and pictures for express myself. But I'm loving it. Since Friday, I have completed 3 pages and started the groundwork for 3 more.

And I just received the books I ordered last week, so now I can learn what it's really about.

Life is good.

I relaxed. I'm well aware that I have another History test and English paper coming up. There are classes to register for and I'm fresh out of night classes so I'll have to shift my whole life around to go to class in the morning. But is anyone worried? No way. Nada. Uh-uh.

I'm kicking back, putting my feet up.

I spent Saturday afternoon with my friend, Crissy. Her fiance was working out of town so we enjoyed some girl-time. We saw the Duchess - it was wonderful. I cried through most of it, though. Boiled crabs and shrimp for supper (yum yum). Then we shopped til we dropped and we were too tired to do anything but veg out in front of the tv.

Great times!

Sunday, I went with some friends to see a play at the Abbey Players Theater in Abbeville, in celebration of Rhegan's B-Day. The play was fantastic. It was hysterical. If anyone is heading that way check it out at http://www.abbeyplayers.com/ .



I had never been to Abbeville, much less this fantastic theater. I've found a gem. I'm planning on spending some quality Sunday afternoons in Abbeville from here on out.

I love Bridget Jones and her diaries, and every time I do this I think of her movies. It cracks me up:

Words Written: None
Mood: Reminiscent
Work: Super easy
Drinking: Nothing, boy am I thirsty!
Dreaming About: Chunky choco chip cookies
Class: Skipped!



6 comments:

Angie Kay Dilmore said...

I appreciate a friend who doesn't stress out and knows how to have fun.

Winona Cross said...

Nothing like skipping classes and just playing in glue to help a girl relax. Add in some shopping time and, well . . . life is good.

Can't wait to see you.

Nona

Anonymous said...

Okay now... no stress today. No stress tomorrow. No stress next week. Let's keep it that way! :)

Mindy Blanchard said...

thats my plan, my friends. This is the "stress free zone." No work, only play. lol. Can't wait to see you guys next week!

Anonymous said...

Dude, put your butt in the seat. ~RR

Mindy Blanchard said...

NO! I deserve some downtime, missy!