Wednesday, June 15, 2011

How I survive!

I'm 33 years old, and I work between 33 and 45 hours a week in retail. It's a hard job. When I started 18 months ago, I could barely make it at the end of the day. My feet were killing me. After walking all over the store, climbing up ladders, did I mention walking all over the store???

Going from a desk job to a full body job was not one I was prepared for. Times are tough and you do what you have to do.

Regardless of the drama, I made it. I learned my lesson about a good pair of tennis shoes and gel insoles will get you through almost anything. After 18 months my stamina has increased. I can climb up and down ladders without feeling the burn, mostly. I can usually go the whole shift (except for truck days) without complaining.

For the health and weight aspect of my life, I've joined Weight Watchers for the last time. This time it's for life. This time I'm going to exercise and make better choices and live a healthier life so that I can overcome some of these issues before I get any older.

For the stamina and dealing with it every day aspect of my life, I have a secret weapon. (Don't worry; I'll let you in on it.)

I have a now almost-empty bottle of Sports Therapy bath salts (that I bought from Walmart a million years ago - can't find it anymore and I'm using it sparingly) I put in my bath when my legs do not want to work anymore. But for the past 5 months or so, I stepped it up a notch.

These are the products that make my life easier, that help me to get up and go day after day.

Sundays that I am off, I have a Sunday Spa Day, which is a 1 to 2 hour period strictly for me to destress and unwind and relax. If I'm giving a spa, then that usually does the de-stressing for me. (If you want to host a party let me know!)

Otherwise, my beautiful BeautiControl Consultant (me), prescribes the following as needed:

On the neck and shoulders: Luxuries of the Sea Instant Relief Gel is designed to relieve your sore and achy muscles and joints by simply massaging some gel on your achy area. Fast penetrating, fragrance-free gel feels weightless and non-greasy on the skin.

https://shop.beauticontrol.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10551&productId=40681&langId=-1

On the face: Fango Seaweed Scrub/Masque is a double-duty treatment offering the detoxifying and skin refining benefits of a masque and the exfoliating benefits of a scrub? all in one product.

https://shop.beauticontrol.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10551&productId=40600&langId=-1

In the bathwater, a two-part dream team: BC Spa Body Therapeutic Bath Minerals - Relieve stress and transform your bath into an oasis of healing, green thermal waters with BC Spa Body Therapeutic Bath Minerals. Fine crystal minerals from the Dead Sea comfort tired muscles and nourish skin.

BC Spa Detox Refreshing Mist - Rejuvenate your senses with a scientific blend of natural ingredients and aromatherapeutic essential oils. Spray on face or body for instant refreshment.

Then I soak in the tub with a glass of wine (optional) or water and a book. It's definitely one of the highlights of my week, which is kind of sad, but it is life-changing never-the-less.

There's Beauty and then there's Therapy and then there are amazing products that can do both. Find out more about the products and place an order on my online website at http://www.beautipage.com/mindyblanchard/ . (There's even a sale on certain select products when purchased online. Gotta love it on sale!)

Lesson of the day: Must take care of yourself, inside and out.
Stress level: 1.5
Relaxation level: 12
Life is good!

No comments: