Saturday, January 24, 2009

To Help Raise Money

My friends are in need of help.

I always believe in supporting a great cause. This is definitely one worth fighting for and contributing to. Let's help them make a difference and save lives. Here's a letter from my friend, Terin:

Dear Friends and Family,

On May 31, 2009, I will be running for a reason much more important than a personal challenge of completing a half marathon.

As a member of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Societyʼs Team in Training program, I have pledged to train on the behalf of my husband Colby Gary and my grandmother Merlene Bourque to help raise money for leukemia, Hodgkin and non Hodgkin lymphoma, and myeloma research and patient services programs. My husband Colby is a Leukemia survivor. He was diagnosed with (ALL ) when he was only 4 yrs. old. My grandmother didnʼt have Leukemia but another form of cancer claimed her life. I know she would be so proud of me for being involved with this cause.

As you may or may not know, leukemia is the #1 disease killer of children and young adults under the age of twenty. Although the cause of blood cancers remains unknown, recently developed treatments and stead advances bring us closer to a cure every day.

These research advances have been achieved as are result of contributions made by companies, foundations and individuals. The Louisiana Chapter of The leukemia & Lymphoma Society has a goal of raising over $1.5 million this year. As a member of the team, I am helping Team in Training meet this goal and I am writing to ask for your help.

My goal is to raise $3,900 by May 31, 2009. Would you please consider making a 100% tax deductible donation to me to show your support? In doing so, you will be supporting The Leukemia and Lymphoma Societyʼs vital mission. With generosity of people like you, there is every reason to believe that a cure for blood cancers is in sight!

You can make a donation on my website http://pages.teamintraining.org/la/rnr09/tgary .

Every little bit helps no donation is too small. Thanks so much for your consideration!

Terin (Picard) Gary

No comments: