Sunday, September 18, 2011

Life Lessons: Work

God is good!

With my newfound faith, I had plans of attending weekly bible studies to grow further in my faith. Well, life (or something like it) soon stopped me in my tracks.

For the past few weeks, I've been torn between what I want and what I have to work with. I prayed. He answered, in the most unexpected of ways. (And his best is so much better than what I even knew to ask for!!)

But going backwards a bit, lets rewind to my last art class. I believe in art as therapy, helping us to overcome issues and hurts to grow stronger and heal. The class focused on collaborations, in the sense that we focused on the same subject, which was working through a current issue in our lives. We journaled our hurts, pain, thoughts, without edits. Then we used art (paint) to wash away the issue (Giving it to God, is how I see it). Next we added elements that we hoped for, wanted, envisioned, want to see in the place of the "issue."

My piece focused on the message I was to hear repeated for the next week.



Fastforward to today. Rather than change someone's heart to allow for more flexibility in scheduling or sending another opportunity my way, He planted a seed in my pastor to create a new bible study, lead by my pastor, on Sunday, my one true day of rest! How amazing is that, and better than I could have ever known to ask for.

Bible Study:

Ephesians 6:7 >> New International Version
Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men,

2 Corinthians 4:6 >> New International Version

For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.

1 Peter 4 >> New International Version
1Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because he who has suffered in his body is done with sin. 2As a result, he does not live the rest of his earthly life for evil human desires, but rather for the will of God.


Lesson Learned:

God has a plan that is better than we can ever try to imagine, even us creatively imaginative types. We don't understand the hows or whys when things are happening, but He is forever in control of our lives. Sometimes we find ourselves in situations we do not wish to remain in. We pray and He answers. In His timing; not our own. For His good; not our own. He may leave us in unhappy situations because those situations have a lesson to teach us or someone around us. He leaves us in places of darkness so that His light can shine through us. Rather than suffer with complaints and whining, we should live as He did, suffering in silence, working to the best of our ability, with the tools provided to us, as if we were working for Him and His glory rather then for man.

My Plan To Grow:

I should work harder at receiving His will and commands and completing them, the first time, minus the complaints and kicking and screaming, as I do not need to understand His reasoning. He commands. I follow.

Thank you, God, for these blessings received.

No comments: