Sunday, September 25, 2011

Be a Doer of the Word

It is funny how everything in my life is becoming centered around the most important person...(I know you are thinking I'm about to say me, aren't you...Yes it's true I'm feeling very convicted over my self-centeredness. God is working on me. But apparently I'm slow to learn this lesson, so be patient with me please! I'll get there.)

Anyways, I'm spending time with Him each and everyday, and I'm loving it. He's teaching me so much about life and myself. I'm falling so much in love with Him. I can't wait to hear from Him, read about Him, see Him. It's amazing, this love story of ours.

And I'm not afraid to share Him. He loves us all...So do it. Get to know Him for yourself and see if you can resist Him...I dare you!


Verses of the week:

James 1:22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

Romans 2:13 For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.

Matthew 7:24 Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.


Artwork:




Lesson Learned:

I'm thirsty for Him and His word. I read the Bible as often as I can. While I'm not able to memorize the verses or complete the assignments in my bible study like I wish I could, I'm still putting Him in my life and getting the seeds planted. He is working on me constantly, because He loves me, his chosen daughter, and because I believe.

I'm a hot mess, I must admit, financially, spiritually, emotionally, physically, domestically; jeez the list is a mile long, and I'll save us all from the rest of it. I'm partly surprised that He would even see fit to bother, but His heart is so amazing and His love so great. He accepts me for who I am. He loves me unconditionally. He forgives me for my past and forgets about it (boy was that a pill to swallow). He is love. He is beauty. What's not to love about Him?

He's taught me that it's not just about reading the bible. I have to apply it to my life. I have to take his words (ex: work as if unto the Lord) and apply it to my everyday. So I put that into practice this week, and I changed in ways I never thought possible. I became a better worker, a better teammate, a better person by doing everything as if unto Him.

But I'm not "there" yet, that's for sure. I have a long way to go. He's teaching me that He is working on me. He is providing me with the tools and the knowledge and the desire to be the person that He wants me to be. He is taking away all of the "things" that I do not need in my life and filling my heart with Him. As he works on me and my issues, he is helping me to grow stronger, smarter, whole, so that my house (me) will be wrapped so firmly within Him that nothing will shake it. No matter what happens, I will get through it (relationships, jobs, children, life) because I built my house upon HIM.

So what is your house built on?

Do you ever wonder if there is a different way?

Maybe it's time for you to change contractors...I definitely have one I could recommend with all my heart!

Jesus, is the light and the way.

No comments: