Friday, May 28, 2010

Long Awaited Journey

May 23, 2010 I traveled to New Orleans, Louisiana with 2 friends in celebration of birthdays (me and Katrina - Happy Birthday, Katrina), to check out my artwork at the Rougarou Trading Post art gallery, and to drop off some more goodies.

Talk about a fun-filled day complete with laughs, good food and drinks, and did I mention laughs. Chris and Katrina, you guys are a hoot. I'll take a road trip with you anytime!!

I find it very fitting that the picture on my blog of New Orleans has been a constant in my writing/art life since the beginning. Its funny that my artwork would first be showcased in this city of my heart!

Here's a glimpse of my artwork.





The layout is great. Not too sure about location. It is located right near the checkout, but we all missed it, twice. Another friend of mine took a trip to NOLA and stopped by to see my artwork. They had a hard time finding it, too. We were looking for it and missed it. Doesn't bode well for those that have no idea who I am. How will they see my artwork, I wonder?

Well I'm back to my writing. A new story is percolating. While its doing its thing in my head, I'm working on a plot board, combining my art with my writing goals to keep me writing.

Feeling good. Looking forward to a 3 day weekend. I really really need this one! And I'm in dire need of some art time!!!

No comments: