Friday, September 25, 2009

Reflection and Art Time

As the weekend of ACL (Austin City Limits) comes ever closer, my excitement and happiness in general rises. I look forward to a weekend in my favorite city of Austin listening to the musical stylings of talented professionals and enjoying time and laughs with my friends. But now I realize I have suitcases and small bags but no "weekender" bags big enough to carry enough stuff for a mini-weekend trip. There is always something...

I'm planning on hosting a bit of a wine and art party at my house this weekend, minus the wine for me. We will put on some music perhaps and see where the mood takes us as we stare at our separate canvases. Two of my good friends are coming over and I hope they are as excited as I am. I've already prepped 3 canvases and have another idea brewing. A good creative day to be had I'm sure!

I've been doing a lot of self reflection. There are areas of improvements needed in self esteem, word choice, and interruptions during conversations. I did very well today catching myself during these moments of lapse, and I really hope that I am finally on a road to better choices.

Today feels like a mystical time where anything is possible. I remembered my old stories and was saddened by the fact that they are still endless. Perhaps one day...perhaps one day they will be told. And I remembered my critique group and the writers group that I've been unable to attend lately. I hope that I will find my way back to my stories and my writing life, someday soon.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Good to see you blogging again! Miss you.